This is one of my FAVORITE spaghetti and meatballs recipe! It’s from Wildtree’s Family Favorites Freezer Meal Workshop Kit and it can be prepped ahead of time and frozen, per the instructions, OR prepped and cooked on the same day.
A couple of tips:
- If you don’t have the Wildtree products,
get them!no worries! 🙂 You can sub in salt/pepper for the Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub and any Italian seasoning for the Wildtree Tuscany Bread Dipper Herb Blend.
- Don’t want to make the sauce? Feel free to purchase a jarred marinara at the store. I WILL encourage you, though, even if you don’t have Wildtree products, to consider making your own simple sauce at home. It really is so easy and far cheaper than almost any sauce you can buy. Follow the directions listed and then sub in garlic for the Wildtree Garlic Galore and an Italian Seasoning for the Wildtree Tuscany Bread Dipper Herb Blend.
- Use these meatballs for TWO meals, at least. Night #1, use it in a spaghetti (or spaghetti squash) and meatballs meal and Night #2, use it in a toasted meatball sub! What a fun dinner!
- Still have leftovers? Freeze those bad boys, sauce and all. Put it in a freezer bag, squeeze out all the air, label it, and then double bag it.
- As an alternative, you could freeze the meatballs after cooking, before putting them in the sauce. Place them on a baking sheet or a smaller cooling rack (my favorite option!) in the freezer. Once they are frozen, put them in a freezer bag and you have meatballs whenever you want them. 🙂
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Please post in the comments if you’ve used any of my tips on making them ahead, ideas for leftovers, or freezing after they’ve been cooked.
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Too many recipes got you like....AGHH!?!
Grab my free audio training + workbook so you can simplify meal planning by decluttering the number of recipes, Pinterest pins and cookbooks surrounding you (aka NOISE!) when you sit down to decide what you're feeding your family.