Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 18 mins at 450°F
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (WT Rancher Steak Rub, Old Bay, WT Cajun, etc)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cod filets, cut into any size (I use 2″ by 1″ nuggets)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place aluminum foil over a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray OR grapeseed oil in a Misto sprayer.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon-sized storage or freezer bag and shake to mix. If you use Wildtree products, you can totally sub Rancher Steak Rub in for the salt/pepper.
- Place egg whites in a glass dish and whisk until foamy.
- Place panko, Parmesan, and seasoning of choice on a separate glass plate; stir to combine.
- Place cut fish in the freezer bag with flour. One at a time, remove a nugget, dip in egg whites and coat with panko mixture. Place them on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fish. Coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake fish in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. For thinner cuts, I recommend checking at 15 minutes. Serve with super fancy ketchup 🙂 or any side sauce you like.
WAIT! You have leftovers?
Option 1: Freeze them for later. Simply put the leftover nuggets on a cookie sheet in the freezer, keep in there until they are frozen, then toss them in a freezer bag for another night. OR…
Option 2: Use them the next night in a totally different way. I recommend Fish Tacos!
This recipe was adapted from a Family Circle recipe.
Too many recipes got you like....AGHH!?!
Grab my free audio training + workbook so you can simplify meal planning by decluttering the number of recipes, Pinterest pins and cookbooks surrounding you (aka NOISE!) when you sit down to decide what you're feeding your family.